Over the course of my career I have worked with many different types of clients who needed help with a wide variety of issues & challenges. While I have a broad base of experience to draw from, I have also developed specific expertise in the treatment of:
- Addictions: Chemical and behavioral addictions can devastate lives, and I have many years of experience assisting those who struggle with addictions. From clients questioning whether they have an addiction to those in active recovery, I meet clients where they are to help them move forward toward health & sobriety. I have also had success working with the loved ones of addicts to help them on their own healing journey.
- Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many addicts also struggle with a co-occurring psychiatric disorder. Although a challenging combination to treat, I have extensive experience helping recovering addicts with mood and anxiety disorders learn to stabilize their moods and untwist distorted thoughts. Collaborating with a client’s psychiatrist on medication management is an aspect of this work I am very familiar with.
- Trauma & EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a type of psychotherapy that enables people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences. I am a Trained EMDR Therapist through the EMDR Institute. Having worked with many survivors of abuse, assault, neglect, and various types of trauma, I strive to create a safe space in which survivors can process their trauma(s) and move beyond the hold these events have had over their lives.
- Spirituality: I am a trained & certified Spiritual Counselor and Spiritual Coach. In addition I am a trained & initiated Priestess of Earth Spirituality. I provide spiritually-informed care to clients who are looking to incorporate this area into their recovery from addiction and/or mental illness.
- Former Cult Members: My doctoral dissertation was a literature review on the psychotherapeutic treatment of recovering from cult involvement. I have had the privilege of working with former cult members to help them reclaim & rebuild their lives.
therapy, counseling, therapist, psychologist, alcohol, addiction, drug, rehab, addiction treatment, depression, mental health, anxiety, mental illness, symptoms, trauma, ptsd, cocaine, los angeles, santa monica, gay, transgender, lgbt, lesbian, bipolar, ptsd, cult,